Deadline: February 24th
For: Oregon library staff & volunteers
How many: 2 awardees
How much: $450/awardee
The Reforma OR OLA conference scholarship will cover the cost of registration for the full conference (Thursday-Saturday, early bird price $285) and a $165 stipend to cover some additional costs such as lodging, travel, or pre-conference sessions. This year, REFORMA Oregon will select two lucky applicants to receive the scholarship.
- Must be employed as a library staff or a volunteer who actively serves his or her local latinx communities in the state of Oregon
- Not an MLS/MLIS student
- Should be a member of OLA, including the Reforma Oregon Roundtable (RORT), or become a member before registering for the conference
Applicants with the following attributes will receive preference for the award
- Persons who might not have their library’s financial support to attend on their own
- First time OLA attendees
- Potential impact/benefit for the Latinx community at their home library locations
- Complete the application form via Google forms, which includes the following short answer essay question: “How do you expect the OLA- WLA Joint conference will contribute toward your work in providing diverse, equitable, and inclusive library services to your local latinx community?” (max 400 words)
Awardee Tasks Post Conference
- Become a member of the national REFORMA organization, if not already a member.
- Write a brief report considering the overall experience of the OLA-WLA conference and include information regarding the ability of the conference to meet initial expectations as queried in the application essay. The essay is due by May 31, 2019. This report will be posted via the REFORMA Oregon blog.
- The awardee must complete the form for the REFORMA Oregon featured librarian blog post.
- The awardee must give a presentation at one of the four REFORMA Oregon quarterly meetings held during the 2019-2020 fiscal year regarding their conference experience as well as how they applied the knowledge learned to serve their local Latino/a communities.
- Applications are due by February 24th. A successful applicant will be informed by February 28th. The awardee will be registered for the conference by an award committee member no later than March 6th (the Early Bird deadline).
You can follow the link or copy/paste the URL: https://goo.gl/forms/VLxoHus0cZTdi2WI2
REFORMA OR expresses gratitude to all those that apply. Good luck!